- 1 9 February 2014
- 2 8 December - Adults at Jim Beam Homegrown 2014
- 3 29 September - Adults and Orchestras in 2014
- 4 30 August - Adults to play at TechEd/Techfest Auckland in Sept
- 5 21 August - 'Brel' heading to Tauranga
- 6 11 August - 'Brel' comes to Nelson; Nelson Opera In The Park; The Big Band Build in AKL
- 7 15 July - What's next?
- 8 31 May - Good things come in threes (and fours, fives and sixes)
- 9 21 March 2013- Upcoming shows by various Adults members
- 10 17 February 2013 - Site update (finally!)
- 11 5 December - Winery Tour promo video
- 12 11 November - Julia Deans performing as part of The Sea Shepherd Fundraiser in Auckland on Nov 13
- 13 8 November - Adults collaborator Anika Moa playing a free show tonight in AKL
- 14 25 October - The Adults jump on board the Classic Hits Winery Tour 2013
- 15 21 October - Toogood on National Radio, and Adults VNZMA nominations
- 16 8 October - The Adults - Live with the CSO being released
- 17 27 September 2012 - Brel: The Words & Music of Jacques Brel
- 18 9 July 2012 - Anniversary Day nominated for the 2012 Silver Scroll Awards
- 19 22 June 2012 - CD giveaway comp now active!
- 20 13 June 2012 - The Adults to play at Nelson Winter Music Festival on July 14
- 21 12 June 2012 - The Adults Wiki is now on Facebook
- 22 29 May 2012 - Parking details for the CSO show on Friday June 1 in Chch
- 23 24 May 2012 - Your last chance to catch Shayne Carter and Dimmer live
- 24 15 May 2012 - The Adults will be releasing a iTunes only Deluxe edition
- 25 14 May 2012 - New video for Reunite
- 26 May 1 2012 - The Adults on Good Morning, May 1
- 27 19 Apr 2012 - The Adults kicking off NZ Music Month at the Whiskey Bar in Auckland on May 1
- 28 17 Apr 2012 - The Adults to perform with the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra in Christchurch on June 1
- 29 14 Feb 2012 - The Adults gig on 16 Feb to be streamed live
- 30 3 Feb 2012 - The Adults to play one Auckland show on Feb 16
- 31 11 Jan 2012 - BDO ticket offer now closed
- 32 6 Jan 2012 - FREE Big Day Out Auckland ticket going spare
- 33 10 Dec 2011 - The Adults play the Green Stage from 6.15-7.30pm at the Auckland Big Day Out, January 20, 2012
- 34 09 Nov 2011 - The Adults/Portishead support slot time change tonight at the Vector Arena
- 35 09 Nov 2011 - The Adults to play at the Auckland Big Day Out, January 20, 2012
- 36 09 Nov 2011 - The Adults support Portishead at the Vector Arena in Auckland on November 10
- 37 20 Sep 2011 - The Adults playing Jim Beam Homegrown 2012 in Wellington
- 38 02 Sep 2011 - The Adults playing 2 Auckland shows in October during "that sporting tournament"...
- 39 31 Aug 2011 - The Adults Merchandise available online
- 40 30 Aug 2011 - Australian shows kick off this week!
- 41 18 July 2011 - A Part Of Me music video released!
- 42 18 July 2011 - Auckland show on July 21 moved from The Bacco Room to The Monte Cristo Room
- 43 17 July 2011 - The Adults' Nothing to Lose in Top 20 songs for Silver Scrolls
- 44 17 July 2011 - The Adults announce three Aussie dates
- 45 13 July 2011 - The iTunes link for The Adults new single A Part Of Me
- 46 12 July 2011 - July 23 at The Garden Club in Wellington show sold out!
- 47 12 July 2011 - There's only one way to relaunch the Groove Guide...
- 48 10 July 2011 - The Video for The Adults - A Part Of Me
- 49 10 July 2011 - Release of the new single by The Adults - A Part Of Me
- 50 7 July 2011 - The Adults to play Coromandel Gold NYE 2011/2012
- 51 4 July 2011 - Third Auckland Show and first two sellout
- 52 3 July 2011 - July 15 show at The Bacco Room in Auckland sold out!
- 53 28 June 2011 - Free Remix of A Part of Me
- 54 28 June 2011 - The Adults album debuts at #4 on NZ Charts
- 55 28 June 2011 - NZ Tour details, and Brisbane's BIGSOUND LIVE 2011
- 56 26 June 2011 - Welcome to The Adults Wiki
9 February 2014
Homegrown is this coming Saturday, featuring The Adults on the Red Bull stage at 8.40pm, - if you haven't already bought your tickets, check out our previous post for deets.
BREL (starring Jon Toogood, Julia Deans, Jennifer Ward-Lealand and Tama Waipara) is hitting Wellington and Auckland for another limited run.
- 5 shows in Wellington from February 26 - March 2 as part of the New Zealand Festival. Tickets range from $63-$68.
Tickets and details for the Wellington shows are at the Festival.co.nz website.
- Auckland on March 4. Tickets range from $35-$65.
Grab your tickets soon for a great seat, you don't want to miss the extraordinary show that is BREL.
8 December - Adults at Jim Beam Homegrown 2014
Long time no update, and it's about time we added Jim Beam Homegrown to the list of places where you can catch The Adults play in 2014. Reportedly the lineup sees the omnipresent Ladi6 on vocals, Aaron Tokona (WETA, Cairo Knife Fight, Ahoribuzz) will once again be gracing the stage like he owns it (because he owns it), along with the dual lifebloods of the group, Jon Toogood and drumming aficionado Steve Bremner.
Finally, tickets for The Adults meet the APO are now on sale and precede the original on-sale dates originally listed. Tickets available from Ticketmaster.
They sound like good holiday presents for friends and family, if you're into all that festive shenanigans! Though we believe any time is a great time for giving, regardless of what your calendar says. Stay safe, stay sun smart, and let the music take you away. Thank you for supporting The Adults (the actual band), as well as us humble web geek humanoids here at The Adults Wiki, and we'll see you in 2014!
29 September - Adults and Orchestras in 2014
Summer just got classier as Adults and Orchestras team up again in Auckland on January 30, 2014. The Adults previously played with the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra in 2012 and late last year, the concert was included as a second bonus disc with The Adults' album. Hamish McKeich is once again conducting the orchestra, and Anika Moa and Ladi6 will also be joining the ensemble.
Public tickets go on sale
January 20 2014 right now.
Read all the details at the APO website here.
30 August - Adults to play at TechEd/Techfest Auckland in Sept
TechEd attendees will be in for a treat as The Adults and The Phoenix Foundation close Techfest in Auckland on September 12. TechEd is an annual Microsoft/IT conference so if you're not already going, one of the seven tickets left will cost you a minimal $2185. (A brief mention of search methodology for a certain Prime Minister, his 60 lapdogs and the GCSB: this information was spotted on Twitter, and confirmed through Facebook. All information displayed on this site is gained through already public sources.)
Apologies for this post not going up earlier - a site administrator got a two-for-one deal on illnesses (if you're interested, please consult any local public infection zone) and has been out of service for the last week.
21 August - 'Brel' heading to Tauranga
Tauranga is the latest place to be graced with the 'Brel' tour circuit. If you somehow still need convincing that the show is worth it, the National Business Review sums up the show in this review from last year's run: Brel: Songs of life, love and loss. Head along, and don't forget to shout 'merci!'.
- TV3 Crystal Palace, Tauranga, October 26 & 27. Details at The Tauranga Arts Festival website.
11 August - 'Brel' comes to Nelson; Nelson Opera In The Park; The Big Band Build in AKL
- Nelson has been added to the 'Brel' tour schedule, as the cast take the show to the Nelson Arts Festival on October 19 and 20. Theatre Royale, Nelson, October 19 & 20. Details at The Nelson Arts Festival website.
Furthermore, it looks as if both upcoming Brel performances in Christchurch have completely sold out, judging by the information on ticketing site Dash Tickets. If you're interested in attending these shows, it would be wise to phone ahead and ask.
- On October 24, Ms. Julia Deans will be showing patrons what it means to take The Hard Road, alongside Annie Crummer and 'Brel' co-star Tama Waipara.
TSB Bank Main stage, Nelson, October 24. Details also on The Nelson Arts Festival website.
- Finally, from October 10-16, The Auckland Big Band Build will bring together 3 Adults collaborators (Anika, Hollie & Jon), Shihad (acoustic set, anyone?!) & many NZ musos - all helping to build a house for the Habitat for Humanity charity. Read more at the Big Band Build 2013 website and the NZ Herald article here. An amazing event of goodwill and generosity of spirit - talk about warm fuzzies to end your Sunday evening!
15 July - What's next?
The tour's done and dusted, so what's next for The Adults members?
- Julia & Jon will be performing in the widely-acclaimed and unmissable 'Brel' in New Plymouth and Christchurch:
New Plymouth from Aug 27-29. Details at the Taranaki International Arts Festival website.
Christchurch on August 31 (SOLD OUT) and September 1. Details at The Arts Festival website.
- We will update the site with any news of Shayne Carter's album as it emerges through the press.
- Jon explains a little more about what's in store for The Adults and Shihad here in this NZOWN interview on Juice TV: The new Adults album will not be happening until next year, contrary to media reports. Click here to watch it - the video will be embedded on this site once a few technical issues are fixed.
- The Adults online merch store has moved to Bandcamp - check out the new merch store here.
- Feeling the cold? Music Monday will cure what ails you. This clip of Nothing To Lose was filmed by Youtube user 'ratpony' at The San Francisco Bath House in Wellington on the recent tour. You can watch it on Youtube here. Live it, breathe it. Chambray it.
31 May - Good things come in threes (and fours, fives and sixes)
They say good things come in threes - this time is no exception! Good thing the first: Last week The Adults announced a new (free) unreleased song, Never Be Mine, featuring Hollie Smith, Pip Brown, Liam Finn & Jon Toogood. You can download it from Soundcloud here.
Good thing the second: New tour dates have been announced, featuring the great Aaron Tokona of Cairo Knife Fight, AHoriBuzz & formerly of Weta fame. Aaron takes Shayne Carter's place as Shayne finishes up his new album. All tickets are $35 each.
Thu 27 Jun – King St Live, Masterton Tickets on sale now at Event Ticketing & Musicworks Masterton
Fri 28 Jun – Mayfair, New Plymouth Tickets on sale now at Event Ticketing & venue
Sat 29 Jun – Powerstation, Auckland Tickets on sale now at Ticketmaster
Fri 5 Jul – Bedford @ CPSA, Christchurch Tickets on sale now at Event Ticketing & Penny Lane
Sat 6 Jul – San Francisco Bathhouse, Wellington Tickets on sale now at Event Ticketing & Rough Peel
Good thing the third: there has been word of a new album recording that will be in the works after the tour wraps.
Good thing the fourth: Julia Deans has recently joined Twitter (we refuse to include a pun involving the words 'songbird' and tweeting, but if we did include it, it would be here. Use your imagination!). You can follow Ms. Deans' tweets here.
Late addition: Good thing the fifth - check out The Adults' profile on Audioculture.co.nz. It features a biography, photos, videos and more.
Edit 4/6: Mon dieu! The news keeps pouring in. Good thing the sixth - Julia, Jon, Tama Waipara and Jennifer Ward-Lealand are taking last year's 'magnifique' stage production 'Brel' to New Plymouth at the end of August as part of the Taranaki International Arts Festival. Details here. If Toogood happens to stumble across this, the language challenge still stands. Ce n'est pas trop difficile, non. Ha!
Get amongst it!
21 March 2013- Upcoming shows by various Adults members
There are plenty of NZ shows from Adults members coming up, there are just some of the ones we've spotted:
- Julia Deans is playing a free show this Saturday (23rd) at 2.30pm at the Arts Festival Garden in Aotea Square, Auckland.
- Anika Moa is playing at St Marks Church, Carterton also on Saturday 23rd. Tickets from Dash Tickets.
- Tiki Taane is performing at North Harbour Stadium, as parts of the Sounds On festival in Auckland, on Saturday 23rd, tickets from Dash Tickets, (check out AHoriBuzz while you're there too, you will not be disappointed! Dan Aux is also playing, and he has remixed one or two of The Adults' songs in the past.) Tiki Taane has a New Zealand tour kicking off soon and details are at Tiki Taane's website.
- Anika Moa, Julia Deans, Lawrence Arabia, Don McGlashan, Anna Coddington, Louis Baker and Jesse Sheehan will be playing in Devonport, Auckland on April 5 as part of the Support The Vic series. Book at thevic.co.nz or call 09 446 0100.
- Jon Toogood & Shihad will be supporting Black Sabbath's shows on April 20 & 22 also in Auckland, and later dates in Australia. The April 20 show has sold out, but tickets are still available for the April 22 show from Ticketmaster.
Also, this website is in dire need of a makeover so if you're a wiki whiz, please let us know on our Facebook page and we can sort out some kind of compensation deal.
Finally, YouTube user Pam Templeton filmed Short Change at Villa Maria Winery a few weeks ago, so thanks to her for capturing the show and The Adults' deeply hypnotic rhythms. Watch it below.
17 February 2013 - Site update (finally!)
The Winery Tour is in full swing, with only 7 shows to go. Catch The Adults perform a reportedly psychadelic-infused set while you can. Details are under the Winery Tour banner ad near the top right of your screen.
Adults Wiki administrators are more active on Facebook/Twitter lately, so check out our Adults Wiki Facebook page for more up-to-date news.
See you on the tour!
5 December - Winery Tour promo video
Jon & Julia speak about the upcoming Winery Tour in this promo piece.
11 November - Julia Deans performing as part of The Sea Shepherd Fundraiser in Auckland on Nov 13
More treats for those in AK-Land:
- Julia will be performing as part of the Sea Shepherd Fundraiser on November 13 at the Galatos. The show starts at 8 and tickets are $50, however Julia will most likely be performing after 9pm due to her commitments to the wonderful (and must-see) Brel. Support the Sea Shepherd, and one of the few real efforts to save our whales and our oceans. Details at Under The Radar.
- Shayne Carter will be DJ'ing on December 11 as part of the Who Shot Rock & Roll exhibition happening at the Auckland Art Gallery, tickets are cheap ($15). Details at Eventfinda.
And finally, "The Adults with the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra" album was released on November 2, so don't forget to pick up your CD from all good record stores, Mighty Ape, Marbecks, and JB Hi-Fi (support the tragically dying art of physical CDs while you still can)! For those who like their music purely digital, the tracks are also on iTunes.
8 November - Adults collaborator Anika Moa playing a free show tonight in AKL
Another late notice update, but If you're in Auckland & aren't off to support Julia & Jon at Brel tonight (or want to catch some pre-Brel entertainment), Adults collaborator Anika Moa, plus Boh Runga & Hollie Smith, will be performing a free show at 7pm at Shore City Takapuna.
But if you plan on going for a dip afterwards at the beach afterward, the water's still a little on the chilly side... Be warned, and enjoy!
Check Shore City's website for info Shore-City.co.nz.
The trio are also on the Winery Tour circuit, so don't fret if you're out of town. Details for the Winery Tour are below.
25 October - The Adults jump on board the Classic Hits Winery Tour 2013
The Adults will perform on the Classic Hits Winery Tour 2013, alongside Fat Freddy's Drop, Anika Moa, Boh Runga and Hollie Smith. The tour kicks off kicks off at Matakana on Feb 2 and travels to wineries all over the country.
Tickets go on sale from November 5 from the Winery Tour website and from Ticketmaster.
Saturday 2 February: Ascension Wine Estate, Matakana
Sunday 3 February: Tutukaka Marine Reserve, Tutukaka
Tuesday 5 February: Brunton Road, Gisborne
Wednesday 6 February (Waitangi Day): Church Road, Napier
Friday 8 February: Black Barn Vineyards, Havelock North
Saturday 9 February: Alana Estate, Martinborough
Sunday 10 February: Tui Brewery, Mangatainoka
Tuesday 12 February: Sentry Hill Estate, New Plymouth
Saturday 16 February: The Mud House Winery & Café, Waipara
Sunday 17 February: Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin
Tuesday 19 February: Waitiri Creek, Gibbston
Friday 22 February: Neudorf Vineyards, Upper Moutere
Saturday 23 February: Neudorf Vineyards, Upper Moutere
Sunday 24 February: Villa Maria Winery, Blenheim
Friday 1 March: Wharepai Domain, Tauranga
Saturday 2 March: Villa Maria Winery, Auckland
Sunday 3 March: Mystery Creek, Hamilton
21 October - Toogood on National Radio, and Adults VNZMA nominations
On Saturday Jon Toogood was on National Radio talking to Kim Hill about the upcoming Brel Tribute, working with The Adults, and Shihad. You can listen to it on Radio New Zealand's website.
Also The Vodafone New Zealand Awards nominations were announced earlier in the month. The Adults' self-titled album has been nominated for Album of the Year, and " Nothing To Lose" is up for Vodafone Single of the Year. The awards will be held on November 1 in Auckland at 7.20pm.
If you feel like going along and cheering them on for us, tickets are $25 and are available from Ticketmaster. The Awards include performances by Kimbra, Gin Wigmore, The Black Seeds, Annah Mac, Six60, Home Brew and a special tribute to Legacy Award recipients Toy Love. We believe the Awards will also be broadcast on television.
8 October - The Adults - Live with the CSO being released
The gig that The Adults played with the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra was recorded and 10 songs will be released. This will be as a bonus CD out November 2.
LIVE WITH THE CHRISTCHURCH SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
(Yes Sara's lovely photo was used in the press release can see more of them on the gig's photo page)
On June 1st this year, The Adults joined forces with the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra at the CBS Canterbury Arena, for a one-night only concert performing their entire album, including their hits ‘Nothing to Lose’, ‘One Million Ways’ and ‘A Part of Me’. Each track was performed as new ensemble pieces, beautifully arranged by Hamish Oliver, Claire Cowan, Steve Bremner & Stephen Small and accompanied by a 48 piece orchestra under the guidance of internationally renowned conductor, Hamish McKeich.
From Friday, November 2, the audio of this now legendary show will be available on, THE ADULTS + LIVE WITH THE CSO. The 2-CD package will include the original album as well as an additional; bonus disc of 10 tracks recorded Live with the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra (CSO) and mixed by Radio New Zealand producer, Andre Upston.
The single from the album, ‘Anniversary Day (Live with the CSO)’ will be serviced to radio and TV on Monday, October 22nd. See the stunning video here: http://youtu.be/SHKpf6-mSWk
The Adults is the brainchild of Shihad frontman Jon Toogood, joined by industry legends Shayne Carter (Dimmer / Straitjacket Fits) and Julia Deans (Fur Patrol).
‘Nothing to Lose’, the first single from The Adults’ debut album was nominated for a Silver Scroll last year and the band are currently a finalist for two 2012 Vodafone New Zealand Music Awards including ‘Single of the Year’ and ‘Album of the Year’.
THE ADULTS + LIVE WITH THE CSO will be available from Friday, November 2.
27 September 2012 - Brel: The Words & Music of Jacques Brel
Julia Deans and Jon Toogood, along with Jennifer Ward-Lealand and Tama Waipara, Leon Radojkovic and others, take on and interpret the world of Belgian musician Jacques Brel at the Silo Theatre in Auckland from November 1-24.
Here's a taste of Brel's music to get you started. One can only speculate as to whether any French will remain in the theatre's adaptation, but there's only one way to find out!
9 July 2012 - Anniversary Day nominated for the 2012 Silver Scroll Awards
Following on from last year's nomination for "Nothing To Lose", this year The Adults' "Anniversary Day" is amongst the finalists for 2012.
Read about the finalists here at The Corner.co.nz.
All the best to the team.
22 June 2012 - CD giveaway comp now active!
I've got 2 copies of The Adults' self-titled CD to give away to anyone who can come up with the best/worst pun involving "The Adults" band name and/or band members' names. So if you want a CD, or know anyone who does, pass the message on.
Competition is open to everyone, no matter where in the world you are. Go to our Facebook page to enter!
13 June 2012 - The Adults to play at Nelson Winter Music Festival on July 14
The Adults are taking their string adaptations to Nelson with the help of La Vida Quartet for the Nelson Winter Music Festival on July 14.
"Innovative & Adventurous Collaboration: After 22 years at the helm of New Zealand's most loved rock band, Jon Toogood had built up a treasure trove of musical connections.
Luckily for us they collided in this exciting project for one night only! Jon is joined by Fur Patrol's Julia Deans, Steve Bremner with his orchestral background and Shayne Carter from alternative bands such as Straightjacket Fits and Dimmer for this unique Nelson collaboration with La Vida.Nelson's own vibrant, stylish string quartet is made up of Clare Corban-Banks on viola, Margaret Jackson and Helen Tippler on violin and Kate Sherwood on cello" - Nelson Winter Music Festival website
Earlybird tickets are available now from Ticketdirect for $45, or $75 if you'd like a ticket and a meal at Harry's Bar.
Additional information here:
12 June 2012 - The Adults Wiki is now on Facebook
We've finally joined the Facebook empire. We'll keep you updated, and now and again, I like to give things away. Preliminary giveaway details are on that Facebook page, so if you're interested, have a look. And if you're really keen, you can 'like' us too. The Adults Wiki on Facebook.
29 May 2012 - Parking details for the CSO show on Friday June 1 in Chch
Due to a sports event happening on the same night as The Adults perform with the CSO in Christchurch, streets will be closed and diversions will be in place around the venues. If you haven't already received an email, click the image to the right to find out more.
Tickets are still available from Ticketek here.
24 May 2012 - Your last chance to catch Shayne Carter and Dimmer live
A little late notice, but if you're in Auckland tonight, it's your last chance to see Shayne Carter and Gary Sullivan perform with Dimmer, as the final curtain falls on the band. Dimmer will also be playing Wellington on Saturday night.
Dimmer, 24 May, Kings Arms, Auckland
Dimmer, 26 May, Bodega, Wellington
At the time of writing, online sales are no longer available for the Kings Arms gig and we are unsure if door sales will be available. Tickets available for the Wellington show from Under The Radar.
Also on Saturday, Julia Deans will be speaking at the Q Theatre in Auckland as part of the NZ Music Month Summit. It's free, so make sure you head along.
Q Theatre, May 26, 1.30-2.30pm. More details here on stuff.co.nz.
15 May 2012 - The Adults will be releasing a iTunes only Deluxe edition
The Adults will be releasing a iTunes only Deluxe edition on 1 June. You can pre order at http://itunes.apple.com/nz/preorder/the-adults-deluxe-edition/id527340991
- One Million Ways
- A Part of Me
- A New Beginning
- Nothing To Lose
- Sleep me Tight
- Most Important
- Up And Gone
- Everyday I Wake Up
- Long Way Off
- Anniversary Day
- Please Wake Up
B-Sides & Remixes:
- What People Think
- Middle of The Universe Pt.1
- Please Wake Up (Misled Convoy Remix)
- Long Way Off (Simon Beeston Remix)
- Nothing To Lose (Dan Aux Remix)
- A Part of Me (Magik Johnson Mix)
- Middle of The Universe Pt.2
- Nothing To Lose (Optimus Gryme Remix)
- Short Change
- The Making of The Adults
- One Million Ways
- A Part of Me
- Nothing To Lose
- Up and Gone (Live at the Lab)
- Sleep Me Tight (Live at the Lab)
- Everyday I Wake Up (Live at the Lab)
- A Part of Me (Live at the Lab)
- One Million Ways (Live at the Lab)
- Long Way Off (Live at the Lab)
14 May 2012 - New video for Reunite
Also rumours of more news on Friday.
May 1 2012 - The Adults on Good Morning, May 1
Julia Deans and Jon Toogood helped start New Zealand Music Month bright and early, with a couple of live acoustic performances and an interview on TVNZ's Good Morning.
Watch it here on the TVNZ website!
19 Apr 2012 - The Adults kicking off NZ Music Month at the Whiskey Bar in Auckland on May 1
To celebrate NZ Music Month, the Whiskey Bar in Auckland will be hosting 70 acts over 25 nights as part of Whiskey Live 2012 series.
The Adults are set to kick things off on May 1, with support Greg Fleming & The Trains (DJ Dan Aux).
More information on the Whiskey Bar website.
Tickets look to be $73 and purchase info is below:
- Vodafone Exclusive pre-sale tickets on sale Friday April 20
- My Ticketmaster pre-sale tickets on sale Monday April 23
- General public tickets go on sale Tuesday April 24
Get your tickets from Ticketmaster.
17 Apr 2012 - The Adults to perform with the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra in Christchurch on June 1
The Adults are set to perform a one-off concert with the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra on June 1 at the CBS Canterbury Arena.
This is a seated performance with ticket prices ranging from $12.50 up to $35 (plus booking fees), so please check the Ticketek website for a full pricing schedule.
Tickets available from Ticketek here.
More information also available on the CSO website here.
14 Feb 2012 - The Adults gig on 16 Feb to be streamed live
The Adults Gig on 16 Feb at the The Windchester will be streamed live at Music Groupy. The broadcast will start at 8.30pm, looking at previous gigs on their site looks like live only and no watch it later.
3 Feb 2012 - The Adults to play one Auckland show on Feb 16
Ahead of their performance at Jim Beam Homegrown in Wellington, The Adults will be playing one Auckland show on February 16 at The Winchester.
Tickets $40 + Booking Fee. R18. Tickets available from Ticketmaster and Real Groovy.
If you're in Wellington on February 18, (if you're not, you should be!) tickets are still available for Jim Beam Homegrown.
Get your Jim Beam Homegrown tickets for $100 here.
Homegrown site map and timetable available here.
11 Jan 2012 - BDO ticket offer now closed
The ticket has been claimed, and the offer is now closed. Thanks everyone!
Only 9 days to go, but there's still time to buy your tickets here from Ticketmaster.
Big Day Out Auckland, Mt Smart Stadium, January 20, 2012.
6 Jan 2012 - FREE Big Day Out Auckland ticket going spare
I have a spare single Big Day Out Auckland ticket for the first person to email Sara AT theadultswiki DOT com. All free, and no conditions apply (although you might want to make sure you check out The Adults' set (you'll enjoy it)!
Big Day Out Auckland, Mt Smart Stadium, January 20, 2012.
10 Dec 2011 - The Adults play the Green Stage from 6.15-7.30pm at the Auckland Big Day Out, January 20, 2012
The Auckland Big Day Out timetable has been leaked a couple of days early. The Adults play on the Green Stage from 6.15-7.30pm, and the full timetable is below. Go get tickets!
10.30-11.30pm: Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
7.45-8.30pm: Foster the People
6.30-7.15pm: The Adults
4-4.45pm: Best Coast
2.45-3.30pm: Unknown Mortal Orchestra
1.30-2.15pm: The Vaccines
12.30-1pm: Cut Off Your Hands
10.30-11am: Bfm winner
Big Day Out Stage:
5.30-6.30pm: My Chemical Romance
4-4.45pm: Gin Wigmore
2.45-3.30pm: Cavalera Conspiracy
1.30-2.15pm: The Living End
12.15-1pm: Cage the Elephant
11-11.45pm: Parkway Drive
8.15-9pm: Mariachi El Bronx
6.30-7.15pm: I Am Giant
4.45-5.30pm: Midnight Youth
3.30-4pm: Cairo Knife Fight
11.45-12.15pm: Ghost Wave
9.15-10pm Mt Eden DJ set
6.15-7.15pm: Girl Talk
4-4.45pm: Maya Vanya DJ set
2.30-3.15pm: Bulletproof DJ
1.45-2.30pm: Das Racist
1-1.45pm: DJ Sir-Vere
12.15-1pm: David Dallas
11.30-12.15pm: DJ Nick D
Big Day Out, Mt Smart Stadium, January 20, 2012.
Tickets available here from Ticketmaster.
09 Nov 2011 - The Adults/Portishead support slot time change tonight at the Vector Arena
The Adults are now playing at the new time of 7.30pm at the Vector Arena in Auckland tonight as support for Portishead. There's still time to get tickets!
Buy them here from Ticketmaster.
09 Nov 2011 - The Adults to play at the Auckland Big Day Out, January 20, 2012
The Adults join the lineup for Big Day Out 2012.
Other artists announced for Auckland include: Soundgarden, Kasabian, My Chemical Romance, Gin Wigmore, Battles, Odd Future, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Mariachi El Bronx, Girl Talk, The Living End, Royksopp, Foster The People, David Dallas, Cut Off Your Hands, Beastwars, Cage The Elephant, Ghostwave, Mayavanya, Best Coast and Tony Hawk, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Nero (Live), The Vaccines, Bassnectar, Cavalera, Conspiracy, Regurgitator, Kimbra, Parkway Drive, Midnight Youth, Das Racist, Six60, Mt Eden, I Am Giant, Cairo Knife Fight, Jakob, Bulletproof, Junica, @Peace, DJ Sir-Vere and Nick D.
Big Day Out, Mt Smart Stadium, January 20, 2012. Timetable released soon.
Tickets available here from Ticketmaster.
09 Nov 2011 - The Adults support Portishead at the Vector Arena in Auckland on November 10
If you're heading along to Portishead at Auckland's Vector Arena tomorrow night, be sure to get there early to see The Adults play from 8 - 8.30pm (times as reported on The Adults Facebook page.
Tickets can be purchased here from Ticketmaster.
20 Sep 2011 - The Adults playing Jim Beam Homegrown 2012 in Wellington
"Kiwi Music’s Biggest Day is back!"
The Adults will be playing at Jim Beam Homegrown in Wellington on February 18, 2012. The lineup also includes Shihad, Kora, Blacklist, Six60, Black River Drive, The Black Seeds, 1814, The Thomas Oliver Band, AHoriBuzz, Shotgun Alley, Optimus Gryme, Smashproof, Bulletproof, David Dallas, Concord Dawn, P Money, Kids of 88, Kidz in Space, Karn Hall, K One and Sunshine Soundsystem.
"The second and final announcement will be made on October 31st adding another 18 massive bands and DJs to the line-up.
Every Homegrown festival has sold out, don’t miss out, go to www.homegrown.net.nz to register for the $75 Early bird presales on September 19th before the general public get their chance from September 26th."
02 Sep 2011 - The Adults playing 2 Auckland shows in October during "that sporting tournament"...
The Adults will be playing two shows in Auckland as part of that rugby tournament going on in October..
- 08 Oct Northern Lights Fanzone (Albany Lakes) - at 4.30pm
- 19 Oct The Cloud, Queens Wharf - at 8.30pm
As far as we here at the Wiki can work out, the October 8 show is free.
The October 19 show is also free, but there will be limited tickets available from the information booth on the day.
Also for Shihad fans, Shihad will be performing along with The Datsuns, the Smokefree RockQuest winners, The Earlybirds and Electric Wire Hustle at Queens Wharf on October 21.
More details available at:
31 Aug 2011 - The Adults Merchandise available online
The Adults merchandise is available on the Tikidub website if you missed out grabbing some at the shows.
Merch available includes hoodies, t-shirts, posters, tea towels and the album.
Now there's NO excuse not to look attractive!
30 Aug 2011 - Australian shows kick off this week!
Just a reminder that the first of three shows in Australia kicks off this week:
- 01 Sep Oxford Arts Factory, Sydney
- 02 Sep Northcote Social Club, Melbourne
- 08 Sep Bigsound, Brisbane
If you haven't got your tickets already, make sure you get them quick! You will not be disappointed.
18 July 2011 - A Part Of Me music video released!
The 'A Part Of Me' video directed to Tim Van Dammen has been released.
18 July 2011 - Auckland show on July 21 moved from The Bacco Room to The Monte Cristo Room
The third Auckland show on July 21 has been moved from The Bacco Room to The Monte Cristo Room. The new venue is right next door in the same building (Toto's on Nelson Street).
Tickets still available from Dash Tickets.
17 July 2011 - The Adults' Nothing to Lose in Top 20 songs for Silver Scrolls
Nothing to Lose is in the Top 20 songs for the 2011 APRA Silver Scrolls. APRA members will vote on the top 20 and there will be an awards ceremony on 13 September at the Auckland Town Hall. Here's hoping the APRA members like the song.
17 July 2011 - The Adults announce three Aussie dates
The Adults have announced three Australian gigs:
- 08 Sep Bigsound, Brisbane
- 02 Sep Northcote Social Club, Melbourne
- 01 Sep Oxford Arts Factory, Sydney
The Adults new single A Part Of Me (radio mix) is now up on iTunes. This week it is just standard edition and next week will see the deluxe edition for sale. See the earlier news item for the track listings.
12 July 2011 - July 23 at The Garden Club in Wellington show sold out!
Tickets available from Dash Tickets.
And a reminder that the tour also kicks off this week this Thursday night starting in Hamilton, followed by two sold out gigs in Auckland on Friday and Saturday nights, and a gig with early door times at the Leigh Sawmill on Sunday night, July 17.
12 July 2011 - There's only one way to relaunch the Groove Guide...
There's only one way to relaunch the Groove Guide... With The Adults gracing the cover! Check your music stores for a copy, or if you can't access a copy, keep an eye on the "Press & Articles" page on this site over the next week.
10 July 2011 - The Video for The Adults - A Part Of Me
Will be released on either Monday or Tuesday. When we see it/find a link we will let you know but keep your eyes peeled. It was shot by Tim van Dammen who also directed Shihad's Ignite video. We are all looking forward to seeing it.
A good place to keep an eye out for it will be The Adults own You Tube Channel.
10 July 2011 - Release of the new single by The Adults - A Part Of Me
A Part of Me will be released in two version. The first version will contain the radio mix of A Part Of Me and will be available for digital download on the 11 July.
A second A Part Of Me + release will take place on 18 July. It is an iTunes exclusive and contains the Album Version, The Magik Johnson remix and the Live at the Lab version.
7 July 2011 - The Adults to play Coromandel Gold NYE 2011/2012
The Adults will be playing at Coromandel Gold at Ohuka Farm in Whitianga to see in the 2012 new year.
"Coromandel Gold - Double the Strength
Accept no imitations - Coromandel Gold is the ultimate music destination of the Kiwi summer.
The sellout festival returns with double the strength and double the summer vibes as it expands to a two-day celebration of sun, sand and beaches all guaranteed to get you in a Coromandel state of mind.
Set just three kilometres from Whitianga town centre, the lush surrounds of Ohuka Farm will again play host to Coromandel Gold, this time over the 30th and 31st of December. Jamaican reggae legend Horace Andy & Dub Asante joins an all-star line-up including; Shapeshifter, Kora, Shihad, The Black Seeds, Ladi6, TrinityRoots, The Adults, The Nudge, 1814, Optimus Gryme ft. Tiki and The Upbeats - with another homegrown heavyweight still to be announced.
All 12,500 tickets to last year's Coromandel Gold sold out in 36 hours before going on public sale, and this year's storming line-up is sure to deliver a similar result. Throw in more bar and food options plus a new campground equipped with hot showers, flush toilets and plenty of space, and every need will be catered for.
Pre-sale tickets to this year's festival are available from 9am on Thursday July 21st to members registered on the Coro Gold website. If not sold out, any remaining tickets will be available for public sale on Monday July 25th.
Don't miss your chance to purchase the golden ticket of the summer - register now at coromandelgold.co.nz for the ultimate Coromandel summer experience.
To join the database click HERE
Shapeshifter, Shihad, Horace Andy & Dub Asante, The Black Seeds, Ladi6, TrinityRoots, The Adults, The Nudge, 1814, Optimus Gryme ft. Tiki and The Upbeats
30th & 31st December 2011 - Ohuka Farm, Whitianga."
4 July 2011 - Third Auckland Show and first two sellout
The two Auckland Shows 15 July and 16 July have now sold out. But don't despair they have announced a third show the following Thursday 21 July. If you currently don't have tickets you better be quick and head over to Dash Tickets before you miss out completely.
3 July 2011 - July 15 show at The Bacco Room in Auckland sold out!
For details of all other locations and venues, there are plenty of options to quadruple-check your diaries. You can: Scroll down to the Google calendar at the bottom of this page, check out our Gigs page, go to The Adults official site or The Adults Facebook page.
Tickets available from Dash Tickets.
See you there!
28 June 2011 - Free Remix of A Part of Me
A remix of A Part of Me has been created by Dick Johnson and for a limited you can download it from Sound Cloud. Go have a listen it is free after all.
28 June 2011 - The Adults album debuts at #4 on NZ Charts
The album is also available from:
- iTunes (NZ, deluxe edition) with two extra tracks not available on CD.
- And all good music stores.
28 June 2011 - NZ Tour details, and Brisbane's BIGSOUND LIVE 2011
The Adults are embarking on a New Zealand tour in July, so see below for dates and check out the gigs page for details.
The Adults will feature at BIGSOUND LIVE 2011 in Brisbane, AU on the 7th-9th September at Fortitude Valley. click here for tickets.
26 June 2011 - Welcome to The Adults Wiki
Welcome to the new Wiki on The Adults. It was only started today so do come back and see it get bigger over time as more and more content is added.